Online giving is now available for members and friends of Aberdeen First Baptist Church! Below, we have included some answers to questions you may have about our new online giving option.
Why is Online Giving a Good Contribution Choice?
Giving online allows you to give without worry of having to remember to drop your envelop in the offering plate or contribute through your Sunday School class. Ultimately, it gives you control over when you will give.
Why Are You Using Dwolla?
No doubt, Dwolla is a new name to you! We explored many options to received contributions via the internet, and most of them have monthly fees associated with them that would be as much as $100.00 per month or more.
Through our partnership with Dwolla, we only pay $. 25 per transaction, and you can even include that quarter in your contribution, if you are so inclined!
How Easy is it to Use Dwolla?
When you first sign up with Dwolla, the process will usually take a couple of days. It is very similar to setting up an account with PayPal, if you are familiar with that process.
You will link your bank account to Dwolla, and they will verify your identity for your safety. Once the account is setup, it is simply a few mouse clicks to initiate a contribution.
How Trustworthy is Dwolla?
Dwolla was founded in 2009 by Ben Milne, who was fed up with the high fees associated with accepting payments online, so Dwolla was created to provide merchants, non-profits and individuals with another option to accept payments.
Dwolla is located in Des Moines, Iowa and employs state-of-the-art computer
technology along with tried and true security measures to ensure that all your sensitive information is completely safe and all transactions occur without threat of fraud.
What Makes Dwolla Unique?
Glad you asked! There are several great features that make Dwolla the right choice for Aberdeen FBC’s online giving option.
- Aberdeen FBC Giving Page: AFBC has its own secure giving page that makes it simple to give. All you need to do is sign up for your own account, type in the giving amount and you are done!
- Recurring Payment Options: Dwolla allows you to donate with a single donation, or with recurring payments. This means that you can select monthly, bi-monthly or weekly giving based on your needs.
- Smart Phone Apps: Dwolla has donation apps for both the iPhone and the Android. This allows you to contribue via your mobile phone.
- Online Giving Tracking: Since you will be giving through the Dwolla account, your contributions will be listed online for your viewing. This means that you can easily go into your account and track your giving to AFBC.
- Other Giving Options: Dwolla is more than a church donation program. It also allows you to give to any person or business that has an account with Dwolla. Today, there are more and more businesses that are providing a Dwolla payment option.
How ever you decide to contribute to the ministries of Aberdeen FBC, understand that every gift is important and no gift is too small!
If you have any other questions about online giving, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!